My bloggy friend Amanda is hosting this party so that those of us who can’t make Blissdom this weekend can have our own fun. To tell you the truth, this is a little uncomfortable for me. I don’t like to toot my own horn. But sometimes having fun requires stretching yourself a little, right? So here we go…
1. I’m all about saving money.
When I claim to be frugal, I mean it! I do not mean that I shop at Homegoods instead of Dillards (although I do sometimes shop at Homegoods!) I mean I unashamedly shop the thrift stores first, and sometimes wait months until I find just what I’m looking for at a ridiculously low price. When I say cheap, I mean $2, not $50. Well, depending what it is.
2. I show you how to save money, too.
From tips for shopping craigslist, to an entire series on making gifts from thrift store components, to telling you how to refill your “non-refillable” Swiffer WetJet solution bottle, I share my money-saving strategies.
3. I have an entertaining, lighthearted, and occasionally humorous writing style. I think. Maybe. I hope.
That’s all I have to say about that.
4. I post regularly (3-5 x/wk) and have pretty good variety, while keeping to a home-based theme.
Thrift, decorating, house-keeping, family, recipes….there’s a little bit of everything.
5. I host some fun parties to let my readers show off their stuff.
I’m going to add one more: It doesn’t cost you $299 entrance fee plus $125-190/night to attend my blog. There, wasn’t that better than Blissdom? Sorry, no Harry Connick, Jr., though.
Okay, now head on over to Serenity Now and discover some more awesome blogs!