Monday, February 1, 2010

Somebody Should Invent That

This weekend while chatting with some acquaintances, the subject of paint came up. They mentioned that they had heard that color-changing wall paint was on the horizon.

Curious, I got online and searched.  I found this from Alsa Corp:  Eclipse wall paint is heat-sensitive.  Remember those t-shirts back in the early 90s?  That’s what this reminds me of.  Interesting concept as a wall paint, but I’m not loving the color, and at $349 a gallon, I’m wondering how popular it would be.  In fact, I couldn’t find Eclipse on the actual Alsa website (and it appears that the last update to the website was 2008), so I’m wondering if it’s still available.

eclipse

I also found this wallpaper which works on the same premise.  The flowers bloom and fade as the room temperature changes.  If I was forced to make the choice, I’d for sure choose the wallpaper over the puce paint, but it’s still not really my thing.

color-changing-wallpaper

Back to the original idea the couple was telling me about.  They said that it was computerized and through probes on your wall, you could choose the wall color.  I can’t really figure out how that would work, although I don’t doubt it may be available one day.

Imagine the possibilities!  What if the whole Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams color palette was computerized, and by simply choosing a color (and probably paying online) and pushing a few buttons, Bam!  Your walls instantly go from Whole Wheat to Svelt Sage.

That’s just crazy talk, people!  One of you inventor-types should get on that right away.  I won’t charge you for giving you the idea if you give me free access!

8 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

That would be so awesome! I'd love to change my wall color at the touch of a button to, say a nice deep red for the holidays, or a pale sage for summer. Love the idea, they better get on it ;)

Mrs Anne said...

you're a genius.
utter genius.
get on it!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That IS a cool idea! I hate painting...it would be so awesome to change the look of a room by pressing a button. :)

Amber said...

I definitely like the wall paper way better than the paint. I'd put it in my bathroom! Go in for a shower with just leaves and emerge with "fresh" blooms! ;)

LuLu said...

it's wild to think of the possibilities!
xo,
LuLu

Meg said...

I usually stalk you site, but holy crap--$350 a gallon is nuts! It would definitely be way neat. :)

The Bearded Lady (Laura) said...

I ADORE SVELTE SAGE!! 90% of my house is Svelte Sage!!

Ali @ His Birdie's Nest said...

OMG that wallpaper is gorgeous and awesome!