Friday, July 15, 2011

Pale Legs Remedy

Thanks for all the input on my dress and shoes!  You were all very helpful.  I should have mentioned that it is an afternoon wedding, and a second wedding for both, so it's fairly casual.

I've decided to go with the first dress, which I thought looked better and you all confirmed.  I was able to find both shoe styles at Target in my size.  I haven't made a final decision on that yet, but I think I'll probably go with the all black wedge.

One other issue was my very pale legs.  I'm pale everywhere; I'm a redhead and have never had a tan in my life, though I've had plenty of burns.  But somehow pale legs are just...the worst.

So here's my secret:  Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs.
I the photo below, my right leg is au naturale, and my left leg has the Airbrush Legs.
(I am not wearing any make-up, and my hair is still damp, so ignore from the neck up.)



Granted, the difference is subtle (and I'm not sure how it shows up on your monitor), but a deep tan would look ridiculous on me.  This gives me enough confidence to not be so self-conscious about my legs.




Airbrush Legs is a spray.  You spray it on your palm, rub your hands together, then apply to your legs.  It is instant leg make-up.  You can see exactly what you're getting as you apply it.  There is no waiting for it to develop, and it doesn't stink.  After a couple of minutes you can get dressed.  I've never had it come off on anything, and it stays on until you take it off with soap and water.  I find it much easier to use than self-tanning creams.

It has some sparkle to it, which I actually kind of like, but according to the reviews it was a newer addition and was very unpopular.  Apparently they are going back to the old, sparkle-free formula in September, which is fine with me too.  It comes in several different shades to best match your skin tone.  I've only used in on my legs, but some reviewers mentioned that they've used it on everything else too, with good results.

What do you think?  Can you see the difference?


13 comments:

Vanessa (Housewives Inc) said...

The tan looks very natural actually - nice. How did you find the airbrush tanner in terms of streakiness (I mean I can't see anything obvious....). I like to use the body lotions that contain self tanner in them, but somehow they even leave patches or streaks on knees and ankles 9 times out of 10.

Holly said...

I haven't had any streaks. Since you see exactly how it's going to look as you apply it, you just apply and rub until it's even and you're satisfied with it. That's why I like it better than the lotions that you aren't sure how it turns out until several hours later.

Richella Parham said...

YES I can see the difference, and it's a great one! Where did you find the product? I saw a coupon for it recently, but have been unable to find it in stores. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong department? I'm really wanting to try it, because a little bit of tan makes my leg with the birthmark look not quite so bad.

Karalee said...

Hi, it looks very natural from what I can see~ Have a wonderful time at the wedding!

Alicia said...

It looks very natural. I hate the smell of most of those products so it's nice to know there is no lingering scent with this one.

Mom in High Heels said...

You can totally tell the difference! I've used the spray stuff before and it looked good and didn't rub off (a worry).

The Wifeyness said...

Wow! That looks very natural! I might have to try that out. Thank you for sharing about the product! :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I can see a difference! It looks great. As a very, very pale person, I like to hear that there are products out there that won't turn me orange. We're hitting the beach next weekend, and I don't want to get too much sun, so this could be a good alternative!

Melinda said...

Looking good!
Never heard of the product--will have to look for it.

Melinda

Shug said...

Hi Holly....

I really do see a difference, and good for you....I know you will look absolutely charming....
Be sure and take pictures!

Hugs to you.
shug

and BTW....I love your red hair..

Rustown Mom said...

I see it, and yes, good job! I take for granted that I tan very easily. By the end of the summer, I look Hispanic... which I am OK with!! But my sister never tans - only burns - so I will pass on this product idea to her!

Lisa said...

One o9f my friends was talking about how great this stuff was and I forgot until now! I think it makes a big difference! And your legs look just like mine...but I think mine are even worse! I'm always afraid of blinding people so I have to try this!

GardenOfDaisies said...

I think that is a nice choice for an afternoon wedding! That airbrush leg stuff looks like it works great. A natural look.