Friday, July 17, 2009

I’m in Love!

Be still my heart!staircase

source

I love this! I mean it. I’d marry it if I could.

My stairs have a similar configuration, but aren’t as elegant as the one above. Mine is sort of like that one’s ugly step-child (no offense to step-children; I am one).IMG_3188I couldn’t even get a good photo of it.

But I wonder if Craig could create a reasonable facsimile. I’m really liking those horizontal planks, but would it just look weird in a new suburban house? They showed up in the April 2009 issue of Better Homes and Gardens, and I talked about that here, but she apparently did her whole house, not just one or two walls.

I suppose it would be possible to restain the wood darker. Did you see what Centsational Girl did? It’s sensational, all right! Let me just say that merely reading about all the work she did makes me want to wave the white flag and forget the whole thing.

I’ll just keep dreaming for now.

2 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That is one inspirational photo! I think it would look neat on one or two walls, but I wouldn't want it in my whole house. Can't wait to see what you decide. :)

Kate Riley said...

Do not be deterred ! Make your dream come true in baby steps. You will love the end result !

:-)
Kate