Monday, March 15, 2010

Featured Blog: Finding Home

This week I’d like to introduce you to Mandi of Finding Home.  I kind of feel like I know Mandi; we’ve been visiting each other’s blogs for some time.  She is originally from Pennsylvania, but married a Canadian and now lives in Northern Ontario.  I’ve actually been to her town, and it’s pretty far north.  (BTW, Mandi, I’d still like to hear the story of how you and Shane met!)

While Mandi waits for Permanent Residency so she can get a job, she has taken on the role of full-time homemaker.  Check out her Home Notebook to see how she keeps herself organized and on task.  You can even download her scheduling page and start on your own home notebook.  If it will help me be half as organized as it’s intended to, my life will be a lot easier!

schedule

Mandi likes to be crafty, and you will often see examples of goodies she has made in her posts.  Here is just one example of an easy, quick project she made with dollar store frames.  Isn’t it cute?  I can see lots of ways to use this idea.

homeframes

She has made her home inviting, and so cute!  Look at this little armoire she painted for their bedroom.  I love the cupboard, but I also love everything about this picture—the wall color, the weathervane, the crock, the simplicity of it all.  And next time my sister comes to visit, I’m totally telling her to bring me some of those seagrass baskets from Canadian Tire!

Mandi's Photos 621

I’m going to show you some more of her decorating because it’s so cute!

Mandi's Photos 020  (Look, more seagrass baskets.)

013 She painted this old sewing table for the entry.

Mandi's Photos 283( Love this little Christmas vignette with the skates!)

One thing that always shines through on Mandi’s blog is that she loves Jesus.  Here’s just one example:  in Follow Your Heart, Mandi tells a story about how she followed God’s prompting one night, and in so doing, may have saved a girl from who-knows-what. 

I just love Mandi and I know you will too!  Please go say “hello”!

7 comments:

FrouFrouBritches said...

Looks like a greagt blog. I'll check it out for sure! Great feature, as usual!

Beth said...

I've been reading Mandi's blog for a while too! She is adorable, talented, and sweet.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Great feature...I linked to Mandi's home notebook once. I'd have to tweak some things to fit with my schedule and young kids, but her organization impresses me! I LOVE the photos of her decor that you shared. :)

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Aww...I'm just sitting here with a smile on my face. Thank you so much for the feature - it means the world. And those seagrass baskets - literally all over my house! Haha! They go on sale every few weeks for $10. And I always seem to grab a set. I can't ever seem to get enough. Thanks again so much for the feature - and thank you everyone for the wonderful comments.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I do love Mandi--so down to earth!

Tricia said...

Looks wonderful. I'm off to check it out and say hello.

Michelle said...

It was nice of you to feature Mandi! We've become friends through blogging and she really is such a sweet girl with a great blog :)