Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Living Room Accents

Back in July, you may recall, I got a new Ikea Ektorp sectional and chair for the living room.  The only problem was the Idemo Light Brown color did not go well with the green accents already in the room.  I removed the green rug, curtains, and pillows.

The furniture was nice, but the room was colorless.



After some thought, I decided to go blue, and the hunt began.
First, I found the Medallion Window Panel at Target.  The background is the same color as the walls, and the design is navy and a lighter blue.  Tip:  they only have the 84" length in the store, but you can order 95" online, which I did.



Then I casually began watching craigslist for a rug, and it wasn't long before the perfect one appeared (I always make sure the item comes from a non-smoking household; the rug's home was also pet- and child-free).  I snatched it up for $25, and it coordinates beautifully.




So far, I only have one pillow.  I ordered it from Ballard's with 15% off and free monogramming.
I did also get some fabric to make a couple more pillows, but haven't got around to that yet.




(It's a little difficult to take good photos of my living room without a flash because of the backlighting, but you get the gist.)







You may wonder what that is on the coffee table; it looks a little strange from afar.
It's my collection of beach glass, rocks, and driftwood from the beach at Lake Ontario on our vacation to Canada.  Love!




3 comments:

Rustown Mom said...

Those curtains and the pillow are really pretty and a nice start to adding color. I think your room looks so clean, uncluttered and neat (:

FrouFrouBritches said...

I loooove the changes you made. The rug is awesome, but my favorite is the monogram pillow. It all looks fabulou!!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Nice additions! I love the pattern on your window treatments, and the pillow is so pretty! The beach glass is awesome!!