Saturday, September 20, 2008

Christening

Okay, I'm going to give this blogging thing a whirl! I've been reading other blogs for a couple of months, but hesitated to start my own, partly because it seems a little bit like waiting to be chosen for teams in gym class...will anybody pick me/read my blog?

The other thing that held me back was trying to choose a name for it. I wanted the 'perfect' name, and I didn't want to start until I had it. My husband calls me a frustrated perfectionist, because I tend to want everything to be 'just right', and I'd rather not do it at all if I think it will be anything less.

Um, get over it.

So, I don't know that Homebody is the perfect name, but I think it suits me. The Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary defines 'homebody' as "one whose life centers on home" and TheFreeDictionary
says it is "one whose interests center on home" (emphasis added).

I prefer the latter, as it suggests enjoyment, while Merriam-Webster's definition could be construed in a more negative light, as in someone who is a recluse. I am not a recluse, but I am a stay-at-home mom of three, and, dare I say it, a housewife. My wonderful husband does a great job of supporting us and allows me that luxury. My days revolve around dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning, and all things kid, and for the most part, I enjoy it. Up until 2 years ago, I also homeschooled, and this is the first year that all three of my children are in school all day. Probably the last, too, because my oldest will be in middle school next year, and I am not at all excited about that environment, so I'm more or less planning to homeschool him again next fall.

But I digress. It's time to smash the champagne bottle on this ship and let it set sail. Welcome to my blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, look at the time, it's 4:20 am, i had 2 cups of tea before bed....maybe that had something to do with it. regardless, i just wanted to prove to you that now i have read ALL of your blog, it was really good, i enjoyed it and now i am going to bed. and now i know why skippy is having his pizza night instead of going to homegroups....GO SKIPPY!!