Friday, August 14, 2009

Time Keeps on Slippin’, Slippin’, Slippin’…

Uh, hello?  Summer?  Are you there?

Is anybody else completely freaked out by how quickly the summer passed?  I mean, technically, we’re only a little more than half-way through the actual season, but school starts next week for us!  Wednesday, to be exact.

Fullscreen capture 8142009 120744 PM.bmpflickr

Two days ago we went to open house, carried the bags full of school supplies to the classroom, found the desk, and met the teacher, times two.  Skippy and Pinkerbelle are no longer the new kids, and were greeting friends in the hallways, happy to see familiar faces and places.

Firstborn is going into sixth grade, which around here is middle school.  Ack!  We have made the decision to return to homeschooling for him, with a twist.  Two days a week he will attend a homeschool academy, which I think will be good for both of us.

The older I get (and I am not old!), the faster time flies.

5 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

I hear ya! The summer has flown by.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Eeewww...6th grade. That's middle school in VA too. It has gone by sooo fast! Natalie doesn't have preschool Orientation until Sept. 8th though!!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

All I can say is "Don't blink" He'll be saying "I Do" before you know it...so fast the time rolls on...enjoy every moment, xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

BIL said...

Great Blog. Love the insight and fascinating factoids.

Love,
Your BIL

Brenda Pruitt said...

My girls are almost 31 and 35. But I remember those hot days of summer when the back to school sales have already been replaced with the next fall holiday displays. (Today it's already displaying Xmas. Yikes!) You'll probably actually feel younger when you're nearer my age, 52, and you aren't so tired from running the gamut every mother runs in the race against time and school and after school activities! I wish you well!
Brenda