Monday, December 21, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things, Take Two

This is a repost from last year. These are still some of my favorites, and it just felt like a cozy post, perfect for a chilly day four days before Christmas.

*My favorite new-to-me Christmas song: Christmas Children by SHeDAISY. I couldn't tell you even one other song that this group of sisters sings. Even though this song was released on their album Brand New Year in 2000, I had never heard it until a couple days ago. You can listen to a clip on iTunes.
update 2009: I also like Tinsel Town from the same album.


*My favorite hot chocolate recipe: Creamy Hot Chocolate from Eagle Brand. I replace some of the water with milk. With whipped cream and sprinkles is all the better!

Photo from flickr.

*My favorite winter comfort: flannel sheets and a down comforter. Heavenly!


*My favorite Christmas movie (other than It's a Wonderful Life, of course): The Bishop's Wife from 1948.


*My new favorite Christmas cookie: Blackberry Sage Thumbprints from Better Homes and Gardens. I'm going to a cookie exchange tomorrow and I wanted to bring something new and unique, so I went out on a limb with these. They are really lovely! The sage adds an interesting, almost floral note that pairs well with the blackberry preserves.


*My favorite family activity: Friday Pizza Movie Night. Virtually every Friday night we have pizza and watch a movie together, and have been doing so for about six years. Usually I make homemade pizza, but sometimes we order (like tonight). We throw a foam mattress on the floor for the kids, turn out the lights, and lounge around together. We do it all year, but it's especially cozy in the winter.
update 2009: since this Friday is Christmas, this will be a special Pizza Movie Night. Sounds like a good night for a Christmas movie marathon!

Photo from flickr.


6 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love your idea for a Friday Christmas movie marathon/pizza party. :) I think we'll be at my mom's for the afternoon and maybe I can get everyone to watch A Christmas Story (my favorite). ;)

Beverly @ The Buzz said...

Love The Bishop's Wife! Can't go wrong with Cary Grant or Loretta Young!

Country Dreaming said...

Happy Holidays to you!

Melinda

cmluvs2stamp said...

Oh! That's sounds so great. What a lovely tradition. Have a Merry Christmas!

Shaunna said...

We absolutely LOVE the SheDaisy Christmas Album - though my favorite would be The Secret of Christmas. :D

Christina said...

A very merry Christmas to you and your family. We have the berry sage thumbprints in common. They are my hubby's favorite cookie!