Monday, May 10, 2010

In My Mailbox

I'm sure most of you know about the Ballard Designs catalog.  It's kind of like Pottery Barn, in that it's got lots of drool-worthy photos of stuff we love but most of us can't afford.

Look at the planked walls.  Told you they were popping up everywhere!



The Style Studio on the website is fun:  you can email in decorating dilemmas, read how-to articles, or see photos submitted by Ballard customers.  The catalog itself is a great place to get ideas.  If you're not on their mailing list and would like to be, request a catalog.

I have to admit, though, that when the most recent catalog arrived last week, I was most excited by the little subscription card that fell out.  Two years of Southern Living for $10!  That's a smokin' hot deal that only crops up once in a while.  Southern Living has great recipes and decorating ideas.  Reading it always makes me kind of wish that my grandparents (one on each side) had stayed in the south instead of becoming yankees.  (Okay, I understand that had that happened I wouldn't exist, but you catch my drift.)

I wish I could figure out how to share that deal with you, but it's not currently listed at that price anywhere online.  Amazon has a two-year sub for $19.97, which is still pretty good.  At the very least, be sure to sign up for your free Ballard catalog!

12 comments:

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Totally read my mind! I got my new Ballard Design catalog in the mail last week and I got the same $10 offer I was so excited I already ordered it!

Angie Holden said...

Off to order my free catalog now! And you can come on down and enjoy the southern drawl anytime! ;)

Anna said...

thanks for the link, I've always wanted to get one of their catalogs - I always see pictures of their items on blogs!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I always love it when my Ballard catalog comes. :)

Christina said...

Oh wow, that is a great deal. I just realized that I haven't received one in awhile. Just requested one too. Thanks for letting us know.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I can't wait to order my new catalog. They have such beautiful stuff. Thanks for sharing. Love & blessings from NC!

FrouFrouBritches said...

I am so glad you put up the link for a catalog. I haven't received one in over a year so you made it easy to request it again. Thanks!!

I sure hope I get on of those cards in mine catalog!! My Southern Living expired and I might renew with that great deal! I miss is so much! I was carrying around a the June 2006 issue yesterday. That's just sad!

Looove the planked walls!

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

I have to get my hands on some of these catalogs!! Looks just lovely. And I have been intrigued bu all the knock offs people create too, especially Pottery Barn..., you even had a party..., and I included a link to it on my knock of post!

Mary Joy said...

This is a new one for me! All I can say is GORGEOUS!!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I found you via Our First Home, and I'm glad that I did. Please stop by an visit sometime.

Melissa said...

Gorgeous photos from the catalog! I'd never heard of Ballard.

I have something for you at my blog:
http://www.frugalcreativity.com/2010/05/hey-im-trendy.html

Chelsey Hall said...

I love Ballard Designs! I was so envious of their framed botanical prints, until I made my own for a tenth of the cost ;)

http://thejoyfuldomestique.blogspot.com/2010/06/framed-botanical-prints.html