Friday, November 19, 2010

Favorite Things

Thank you to everyone who participated in yesterday’s Knock-Off Party.  Check out the links to the awesome Pottery Barn and Ballard recreations if you haven’t already!

Today, I’m joining the party at 320*Sycamore.

favorite things button_thumb[1]

I have to start with something that is more than a favorite; it’s more like an addiction.  In fact, one of my very first blog posts was about this product and the title was “My Addiction”. 

IMG_1090

In that post I said I was going to stop drinking it every day, and I did, for a while.  I’m back at it now.  (And I’m back to skim milk.) Except that they’ve changed the name to Maxwell House International Cafe French Vanilla Iced Latte.  I think the taste changed a little, too, but it’s still good.  I must, must have the whipped cream and sprinkles.  I’ll skip an afternoon if I’m out of whipped cream.

GetImage.aspx

The next item is also edible.  Can you tell I have a sweet tooth?  My sister introduced me to Popcorn, Indiana Original Kettle Corn this summer.  It’s sooooo good!  Sweet, with just a little salty.  My Walmart has it for just under $3 for the big bag, which is a really good price, but they’re often out of the original…it’s that good.

bag_w_popcorn_kettlecorn

If there’s anything I love more than sweet treats, it’s sleep.  Recently, Craig began selling The Bed Boss Memory Foam Mattresses in his office.  Our mattress was pretty old, and if he was going to recommend his product, he decided he needed to use it.  So we have one, and I love it!  It doesn’t jiggle like a spring mattress; you can barely feel it when the other person flops around or rolls over.  That means better sleep for me. 

cache_1243914004

Melissa mentioned her favorite Christmas music in her list.  I love most Christmas music, but my childhood memories, the ones that mean “Christmas” to me, are the Goodyear Great Songs of Christmas series.  We had several of the LPs, and I know the songs complete with scratches.  The tire company put out this series in the 1960s, and my dad says he remembers his dad going to get the year’s album at the gas station.

goodyear5641

They are pretty easy to find at thrift stores, usually for about 50c.  I got several last year, and then bought a thrift-store stereo with a turntable, and Craig was able to put them on CD (you’re legally allowed to do that if you own the album).  Or you can order them here.

I’m not quite ready for Christmas, though!  One more week (I’m a Christmas-starts-after-Thanksgiving gal).

11 comments:

Richella Parham said...

We also have a foam mattress, the firmest one we could buy. It's a winner. I'm curious now what Craig's profession is!

I've never seen that drink mix. . . I think I need to try it!

You know what music I remember really well from childhood? Not Goodyear, but Firestone! Isn't it funny that tire companies made Christmas albums?

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oooo--that latte looks yummy!!! So does the kettle corn. :) Thanks for the visit, girlie. Let me know when you get your button ready to go. ;)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Thanks for the list - I get so many "I'll have to try that" moments!

The Starr Family said...

Oh sweet love, that Kettle Korn! I'd love some right now!

What amazes me about these lists are all the new coffee/drink products I have yet to try!! Yum-O!

Cara said...

I haven't tried those Latte's, but I'm making a mental note to grab one when I go to the store this afternoon.

I love that Kettle Corn too, but my favorite is the Cinnamon (same brand). Have you tried it? It's addictive! They also have a Buffalo flavor that's good if you want something more cheesy/savory/spicy.

Paula@SweetPea said...

We really need a new mattress and I'd love one that would keep my husband from bouncing me almost off the bed when he flops over.

I must try the kettle corn brand that you like. I love that stuff!

Stuff by Ash said...

Kettle corn and Christmas music, sounds like the perfect combination!

Melissa said...

I have never heard of that cd, but I love traditional Christmas music, so it would be probably right up my alley! I'll have to pick up a bag of that popcorn next time I'm in Wally World! Thanks for joining us today, Holly!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Ohh... we so need a mattress like that! I have never tried kettle corn... I just might need to. :)

Karen said...

Kettle corn sounds so good right now! I love it. We just got a new mattress also ~ ours is latex. We were afraid the memory foam would be too hard in the winter. I could live in that bed if I could get away with it. Ha!

. said...

I'd love to have a new mattress. :(

I have a Reba McIntyre CD that my dad used to play (well it was a cassette back then) and we'd drive around listening to it and looking at Christmas lights every year. :)