For the last few months, I’ve been coloring my hair with Clairol’s Natural Instincts. Each box comes with a 2 oz tube of conditioner. I rarely, if ever, use the conditioner on my hair. I stopped conditioning my hair a couple years ago when I decided that it was weighing down my hair’s natural tendency to curl (well, wave).
Rather than just throw it out, I’ve started using the conditioner for shaving my legs. I actually read about doing that eons ago, in one of Amy Dacyczyn’s Tightwad Gazette books. Since I have the tube of conditioner I wouldn’t otherwise use, this is free for me. You can always buy a big bottle of cheap conditioner at the dollar store, or use up products you purchased for your hair and then decided you didn’t like.
It really makes the razor glide smoothly, and doesn’t all rinse away in the shower before you’re done shaving like soap does. You only need a very little bit, so I believe you use less and therefore it lasts longer, relatively speaking, than shaving cream (though I haven’t scientifically proven that theory). It has moisturizing properties, so it leaves your legs soft. And, it comes in all kinds of scents! (After Beverly's comment, I thought I should add that it can definitely get slippery, so be careful!)
Now it’s your turn. Party rules:
- share a money-saving tip that will help others
- you must link back to me in your post, preferably using my button code, which you can get in my right side column
- link to your specific party post, and not your general home page
- please be polite and visit several other participants and leave a nice comment
- I will delete entries that don’t link back to me or do not fit the party theme; I’m not mean, I just gotta follow the rules