Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday

Last week’s plan was very helpful. I pretty much stuck to the schedule and, for the most part, got everything done. I did peter out by the end of the week and didn’t get to the master bedroom, but I got the kids’ rooms done and their clothing switched out, and that was really the main thing.

Having dinner planned each day was a big relief. In general, that whole time of day was more relaxed. I always knew it would make my life easier to plan ahead, but for some reason never did it.

I’m babysitting again this week, from 8:30-3:30 Monday through Thursday, so I probably won’t be as productive as last week, but I’m going to try this again. I think I’ll focus on one room or chore and do one load of laundry a day.

happy housewife flickr

Mon: kitchen, go to Aldi. Supper: bbq chicken sandwiches

Tue: bathrooms. Supper: tacos/burritos

Wed: wash sofa slipcover, run errands (library, post office). Supper: pasta

Thu: vacuum and dust whole house. Supper: pork chops

Fri: change beds, general tidy. Supper: pizza

I realize this isn’t the most exciting blog reading, but it helps to keep me accountable. Thanks for hanging in there!

6 comments:

Becky said...

It may be unusual, but I actually enjoy reading about others' daily schedules; it gives me motivation to stick to my own. We've been on a day-by-day menu plan and that's not good. Maybe today I can at least do a week's worth! Have a great week.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, you are so good...you make me look bad!!! ;)

Georgia Girl said...

Hey I love reading what others have to say..pretty good plan in my opinion!

Lucy Marie said...

I'm with Amanda - reading about other people's schedules and organizational strategies keeps me motivated to stay on top of mine! I'm glad to hear last week went well. It's great finding a schedule that works for you. Anything that can reduce the stress level you're feeling is awesome!! Good luck with it this week.

Lucy Marie said...

Oops. I mean I'm with Becky.

bdmalouf said...

I would get lost on my home until I found out about flylady. Now in theory my home is 15 min from good enough and I have finally dealt with my laundry loads! Check her out