Friday, May 29, 2009

This and That

Just a few little things to show you today.

My $1 garage sale birdcage went from thisIMG_2763

to thisIMG_2783Much better!

My couch went from thisIMG_2622

to thisIMG_2785 I finally painted the feet and Craig put them back on. They were a really light color, about the color of the walls. I think this looks way better.

Here’s another little project I did.IMG_2781This is a chair that goes with my grandma’s ice cream table. I had Craig kick out the rotting old seat and we put one of those coco-lined baskets down in it. Voila! A charming planter! Hopefully, the impatiens will soon be in full bloom (this side of the house gets a little morning sun, and then shade the rest of the day, so the impatiens should be okay).

Wait, one more thing. Look at these little bunnies Craig and I saw a couple weeks ago in the teeny weeny strip of grass between Quizno’s and the parking lot.IMG00397 Awwww! Don't you want to pick one up? I really wanted to, but didn't. Your babies are safe, mama bunny!

12 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, I loved everything! The birdcage, the creative planter, the couch with legs, and the baby bunnies!!! :)

Martha said...

Everything is lovely! Especially the planter! It is beautiful! I will need to try that! Thanks!

Martha

A Southern Rose said...

I love the bird cage! It looks so much better painted white! The couch and little ice cream chair are nice too. I would have had a hard time at not touching those sweet little bunnies.

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

You did a wonderful job on the bird cage.

The little baby bunnies are precious.

Mindy said...

Oh, yeah. The birdcage sings to me now! Nice. Such sweet bunnies! ~Mindy

Tricia said...

Hi Holly,
It all looks fantastic! I especially love the bird cage. Talk about going from cheapo to fancy! Spray paint is a girl's best friend! ;)
Oh, I was gonna tell you too that I saw the photo consult Layla did for you over at The Lettered Cottage a couple days ago. It looks like it's going to be great!
You definetly nailed the coffee table with that $30 find!
Have a great weekend!
*Tricia

Heather said...

I love the birdcage - I wish I could find something like that - but if I did I have no clue what I would do with it - space is at a premium over here.
I'm glad you ddi not touch the bunnies!! They were cute!!

Lindy said...

I have serious birdcage envy. I have been eyeing some birdcages at the Hob Lob for awhile now. They are now 50% off, but I still can't bring myself to pay $20 for something people have been paying $1 for! Oh the dilemma!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

It's amazing what a difference some little legs can make to a sofa!

Christina said...

The birdcage looks great! The dark feet look great on the couch too--I'm sure they look much better than the lighter color. Love how little changes like that make such a huge difference.

Oh my! Little bunnies! Wish we had some around here.

gina said...

I found this blog and saw this blog carnival today and instantly thought of you- you should link to your thrifty thursdays!

http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2009/05/its-goodwill-party.html

Niki Jolene said...

Aww, loving those bunnies!

:)