Monday, June 1, 2009

Goodwill Party

goodwill_party Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick is hosting a party for us to show off our thrift store finds. Right up my alley! But since I do that every week, I thought I would just highlight some of the things I’ve done with my thrifty purchases. I will freely admit that many of my purchases are still sitting in bags or closets, waiting for me to transform them and put them to use.

I will get around to it, eventually. In the meantime, let’s look at some of the things I have done.

My super awesome garage sale shutters, $1 for the pair!shutters

Became “art” over my bathtub (along with thrift store frames and scraps from a clearance shower curtain-turned window treatment).IMG_2342

These thrift store framesframes

became a gallery of my children’s artwork.gallery

A cheese dome, a plate, and a candlestick, all from Goodwill. became this.plate

An ironstone plate from Goodwill became a menu board.menu

This thrift store hamperblog 002 (2)

got a makeover.blog 028

If you’d like to see more of my thrift store goodies, check out the frugal finds or Thrift Store Thursday categories, and you’re always welcome to join in on Thursdays!

25 comments:

Jennifer said...

You have some great ideas! I do love those shutters. Such a pretty color.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

You are so crafty and smart! Love everything...

Kristine

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh, I love the hamper makeover! Do you still use it as a hamper, or do you use it for other storage? :)

Lucy Marie said...

I loved seeing all of these great finds again. The menu plate is my favorite. I love that idea.

Ali said...

Ooo! I really love the hamper makeover, I need something like that at the foot of my bed! And the shutters are really cute!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love the menu plate and the shutters. Everything is brilliant.
(I especially liked the tubby kitty you used to accessorize the hamper.)

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Everything you got turned out just great. Thanks for sharing.

Tricia said...

Hi Holly,
You got some fantastic stuff there. I'm especially impressed by all the projects you've finished. I need to take some of your motivation and bottle it. ;)
Have a fantastic day!
*tricia

Unknown said...

You are very talented and everything is beautiful! Warm wishes, Esther

WhisperWood Cottage said...

All are fabulous!

Amy

Barbara Jean said...

Great re purposing!!

Love the shutters over the tub.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I *need* to do a shutter design like that. I love it! :)

Jane said...

The shutters are killing me! So cheap and so classy- and that color-what a killer combination! I'm in awe of your finds!

Sewing-Chick said...

I love what you did with the hamper bench! So beautiful :)

lagirl said...

Love it ALL!
I have begun to "Treasure Hunt" again, because you have inspired me. I've found a few things, but nothing the likes of what you've found. Great job!

Marie said...

Love your plate memo board idea! I might have steal that one. =) Great finds.
Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Meg said...

Love the hamper and love the menu plate! I hope to keep going on my little DIY circus and become as good as you!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I LOVE those shutters hung above your bathtub! Brilliant!

A Southern Rose said...

I love everything that you found. My favorite is the shutters! WOW!

jennifer said...

oooh! so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love those shutters, what a steal! You have so many neat ideas of things you've made over.

Nissa said...

I love that hamper makeover! Makes a wonderful kitty napping place too :)

Kate said...

Love those shutters & that hamper!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.