Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thrift Store Thursday 06/18

Did I mention that including the nephew and the babysittee, I have five children this week?  I don’t know how anybody does it! 

Regardless, I managed to slip in a quick trip to Goodwill this evening after Craig got home and took them all (the four who sleep here) to the pool.

IMG_2857 I haven’t had the best luck at GW lately, so I was pleasantly surprised tonight.  I got a virtually brand new pair of Nikes for Firstborn $2, Gap khaki pants for Pinkerbelle $2, and swim trunks for one of the boys, also $2.  I also got five chandelier shades for $1 each.

Last week at United Volunteers, I got this little stepladder for $3.  It’s in very good shape, and I think it has a charming sort of nostalgia to it.IMG_2856It’s also useful in the kitchen, since I am vertically challenged.

Okay, time for you to show and tell!

1. Please link directly to your Thrift Store Thursday post, not your home page.

2. Please mention and link back to my Thrift Store Thursday post.

3. Please put my button in your post, and I'd really love it if you'd use the code to do so :)

19 comments:

Jenny said...

That is a cute little ladder. It reminds me of one that we had when I was younger.

Great finds at GW too!

Paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paige said...

That ladder is a fun find! I need one of those for my kitchen! :-) Check out my page for my fun finds. I used MR. Linky, but it isn't showing up yet?

Mrs Anne said...

that little ladder is AMAZING!

Dawn said...

I love that little step ladder! Too cute!

Anna said...

I like that ladder, that was a great deal too!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I am so jealous! I just spent $3 each on 5 shades at IKEA on Sunday b/c I was sure I wouldn't be able to find them at Goodwill or SA. Just goes to show you, huh? :) 5 kids???!!!

Traci @ The Bakery said...

http://livingthegoodlife5.blogspot.com/2009/06/after-of-before-project.html

I am participating once again!! Posting link here and w/ Mr. Linky!

Traci @ The Bakery said...

...and I was once again so excited that I hit the send button...I love the LADDER....so much potential!!

Lindy said...

I love that stepladder! I have been looking for something like that for my laundry room.

A Southern Rose said...

I love the lamphades! What a bargain!

Megan said...

that stepladder is darling!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Goodwill. The stool was a great find.

Niki Jolene said...

Props to you! I rather like going to the thrifts shops and yard sales by myself. And I only have one kiddo.

:)

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Every time I pass a garage sale I think of you and wonder what treasure you would find if you were there! so funny...

The stepladder is really cute. My kids would like to have that in our kitchen to reach the candy jar!

Have a great weekend!
Kristine

Mrs. Petrie said...

I have an award for you at my blog. I love your blog!

Suzanne in TX said...

Hello and just stopping by via Rhoda's blog. You found some great items and the ladder is so SWEET!

gina said...

Love the step ladder! Useful and cute.

Kathy said...

My first time here....I <3 thrift stores. All my kids clothes and just about everything in our home is from a thrift store....I may just need to link up sometime :)