Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thrift Store Thursday 06/25

I had a pretty good week at the shops!

At Goodwill I found these faux pomegranates. They were $1 each, but I really liked them, thought they’d be great vase fillers, and I couldn’t get them for less than that somewhere else.IMG_2885I wasn’t too crazy about my lone jar of lemons before, but I think the poms really help the whole thing. I’m thinking a third jar with limes or something would complete the grouping nicely.

Today I made my weekly trip to United Volunteers, for 25% off everything. IMG_2881I got a brand new-with-tags pair of Children’s Place pants for Pinkerbelle, $2 (after discount). A Shopaholic book, and a book by the author of The Other Boleyn Girl (I really enjoyed the book, not so much the movie). I think they were 30 cents each. Also got a couple of books for Skippy, but he ran off with them before I could take the photo.

Then there are these: pillows made from U.S Mint bags! I did a wee bit of research and it appears that these may be authentic bags. It is unfortunate that they are indeed stuffed with polyfill, and not $1050 worth of coins. But, after all, I only paid $1.45 each.IMG_2883

I’m anxious to see what you found this week!

1. Please link directly to your Thrift Store Thursday post, not your home page.

2. Please mention and link back to my Thrift Store Thursday post.

3. Please put my button in your post, and I'd really love it if you'd use the code to do so :)

22 comments:

Lindy said...

I love Phillipa Gregory!!! That book is a good one too. Those pillows are cool. I always love what you find.

Gwen said...

So the book was better? The movie was baddddd. I will have to try and find both books.

Love the pillows and the price? Wow!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

The pillows are so cool!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Really love those pillows...great find!

Carrie said...

Your fruit-filled vases are very attractive....yes, one more with limes would be great.
Those US Mint pilows are such fun!

Tracy said...

Great finds! Love the pomegranate in the jar. Those pillows are fun, too!

Mrs Anne said...

i LOVE seeing your finds!
those POMS are fab!

Unknown said...

What fabulous finds! The books are great and those pom were a super deal! I love those US mint pillows! I have never seen that. How unique and chic!

Thanks so much for hosting!

Tina

A Southern Rose said...

I love all of your finds. Can you tell me how to put your 'Thursdays finds' sign on my blog. Im not sure how to copy and paste. Thanks.

gina said...

Those pillows are a neat twist on the standard flour sack pillow- a definite conversation starter!

Paige said...

Fun pillows! I love to find brand new clothes like that.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Thank you for the idea about the cupcake holders! That is an awesome idea...I knew you would come up with something.

Kristine

Anna said...

good finds! especially the Children's place pants.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I love the Shopaholic books! Fun reads. :) I liked TOBG too, but haven't seen the movie. Great finds! :)

Pam said...

Awesome finds! And thanks for the heads up about the razors.

Pam

Sandy and Joe/rhubarb reign said...

Hi Holly! I think I goofed on my first try. I added myself to the link list, thinking this was the place to start -- sorry. Love the idea and will try again. Sandy/rhubarb reign

Sandy and Joe/rhubarb reign said...

Hi again, Holly! Thanks for your nice comment on my first attempt at Thrift Store Thursday -- I think I got everything worked out, after accidentally erasing the initial version! xo -- Sandy/rhubarb reign

Jenny said...

Great finds! I love the pomegranates next to the lemons. I think limes would look really nice with them.

Great deal on the new pants, they are really cute.

Those are neat pillows too.

I didn't do any garage sales or thrift shopping this past week. I used my cash eating out instead! LOL!

Printersdevil said...

I love the poms. I have a glass bowl with lemons and one with other fruit, too. I'm glad I found your blog.

Tricia said...

Hi again Holly.
You found some real treasures this week. I adore the pillows. I'd double check for that cash. Hey, ya' never know. ;)
*Tricia

Cheryl said...

I wish I lived closer to the thrift store! I miss it! I have found some great things through the years.

Amber said...

I love those pillows!!! What a great find!