Friday, July 16, 2010

Free Frappe Fridays at McDonalds

 Update:  Oh no!  I went through the drive-thru this afternoon, and they weren't doing the free samples anymore!  I went ahead and purchased one, but I'm sorry to have mislead you!

If you're out and about today, be sure to stop by McDonalds. They are giving away free samples of their frozen coffee drinks on Fridays from 7a-7p.  Yum!

In fact, if you are going to be driving by more than one McDonalds, you could do it a couple times.  Not, ahem, that I would ever do such a thing.  Just, you know, that theoretically it's possible.

The samples are in a little cup, about 4 oz, complete with whipped cream and a caramel or chocolate drizzle.  But last Friday I went through the drive-thru, and when I pulled up to the window, the girl handed me a full-size frappe.  I protested that I had only ordered the free sample, and she said that was the sample.  I imagine that was a fluke, like they were out of the little cups or something, but it made my Friday (okay, I lead a boring life).

They're both good, but I like the caramel best.  And I'm not even going to bother to check the nutritional data.



4 comments:

Charlene said...

Oh wow, I had NO idea! I think I'll stop today :) I had a frappe problem there for a while and would get one at least every other day, now I'm limiting myself to one every other week. I've been avoiding reading the nutritional data too, I don't want to ruin it for myself, lol.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Ooo--yummy! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Mrs Mary Joy Pershing said...

Holly you crack me up!!! LOL You sound like me! Doesn't take much to make my day either! I love it! Well, I am not a coffee drinker but my hubby and 15 yr old daughter are and she is with us this weekend...so maybe...I should send the two of them out for Frapees!!! Thanks for the freebie heads up! By the way...I posted something that I think you may find interesting...I would love for you to join the Challenge! You are such an encouragement to me always! Have a great weekend!!!

Shug said...

I have to tell you about those Frappe's.....They are the best! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that LOVES them.. Caramel is my favorite as well...

Your blog makes me want one right now....but if you do find out the calorie count, Don't tell me..
Shug