Wednesday, July 14, 2010

IKEA Party

I'm going to get started early on this party, as it was not well thought out or promoted.  You can link up with anything IKEA, but I'm particularly looking for your favorite IKEA items so I can look for them when I'm there in a couple weeks.

Probably our most well-used item is our Expedit bookshelf, which we've had for six years and four houses.  In the beginning it was used for books and some decor in our living room, but the bottom two levels held toys.


Now it is being used in the playroom as an ever-evolving critter condo/mall.  You can see labels on many of the cubicles; right now they are "stores".  The one on the bottom left is called Old But Thrifty--Classy 'n Sassy Thrift Store (where in the world did they get that idea?).



As for usefulness, these bag clips are very handy (Bevara, 30 for $2.99)


I've had these Svepa drinking glasses since my very first trip to IKEA; I always got a new set every time we went to replace the broken ones.  I like how they stack.  Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore, and I'm down to my last 12 oz.  I tried a different kind last time (Pokal, .59/ea) and although it's heavy and sturdy for the price, I don't like them as well.  I'm going to look for another stacking kind this time (maybe Vanlig).


No pictures, but I can't forget my down pillows and comforter, which I totally love.  We have lots more, but I'll quit here.

As I said, anything IKEA is fair game, but I'd love to know about your favorites.  Please link back to this post.  Open until midnight Thursday.



9 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Thanks for hosting, Holly! I'll be sure to mention this on my blog tomorrow as well. :) Now I really want to go back up to IKEA...I should--it's only 40 minutes away. ;)

Mom in High Heels said...

Oh, honey! You went straight for my heart with this. I'll have to run around my house taking photos because pretty much everything is from IKEA. We have the same Expedit shelf in two different places (one black, one white). The white one is in our home school room and has the desk attachment. Oh, how we love it. We live within 20 minutes of 2 IKEA stores! Heaven.

Mrs Mary Joy Pershing said...

Oh wow! LOL...I must find an IKEA store!!! I have heard so many amazing things about them! Love all the pictures though and visiting your linked up sites is always one of my favorite things to do. I have made so many new bloggy friends from visiting your linky party links. Hope you have a great day!!

amber waves of grain said...

Thanks for hosting this. I'm planning my first-ever Ikea trip this weekend, so this is perfect timing!

Unknown said...

What a fun party, I literally just whipped up a post just for it! :)

We love us some Expedit as well. We have the same one as yours, plus the mini version. They're just so versatile!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

I do love me some good Ikea stuff! That book case just went on sale for $99! I have an Ikea walking distance from work and love to go look through everything every once in awhile.

FrouFrouBritches said...

I want to go to IKEA! I think I might have to make a trip to Memphis just to go - maybe I'll wait until the kids go back to school. GREAT STUFF!

Lucy Marie said...

This is so fun. My living room and bedroom are pretty much an Ikea showroom but I am away at my parents this week so I can't take any photos to join in

Scrabble Gal said...

Good old Ikea, the furniture there is just too good. If they went out of business don't know what I would do lol