Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas House Tour and Linky Party

(Our approximately one-year-old computer totally died yesterday.  Dead.  Kaput.  So I'm having to do this on an ancient computer that can only do one thing at a time.  Fun times.)

I totally missed all the Christmas House Tours this year, so I thought I'd just do my own before it's too late. 

The blinding white light behind the tree is snow falling--yay, white Christmas!  Restoration Hardware had the letter ornaments again this year so I got a few more.  They only had full sets of 26 in the catalog or online, but they had them individually in the store, and I got there when all Christmas ornaments were 50% off!


I also got several of their mercury glass onion ornaments.  Love!



I got the velvet Pottery Barn stockings when they were having free personalization and free shipping (I turned them around so as not to reveal the kids' names to the blogosphere). 



Ho ho ho!



Kitchen counter display.



I displayed our Christmas cards on the mirror at the bottom of the stairs.  This is all we got this year!  Does it seem to you that fewer and fewer people are mailing out cards each year?  Or am I just losing friends?



I kept it simple and silver in the front room this year.



Remember that Jesus is the Gift, and have a very merry Christmas!



If there are any of you out there who missed the linky parties, too, or just have something else Christmas related share, link up here.  I'll leave it open all week.



5 comments:

FrouFrouBritches said...

OH NO! Your computer died too? Mine will be a year old in February and my hardrive went kaput. Luckily, it was under warranty.

Such pretty Christmas decorations. All I got around to was my tree. It was a crazy busy year around here. Love the mercury glass ornaments! So pretty!

As far as the Christmas cards, I think fewer and fewer are sending them out. I know I couldn't get a decent picture to do cards this year. Oh well! I'm sure it's not you losing friends though!

Hope y'all have a very Merry Christmas! I'm totally jealous y'all are getting snow. It's raining down here. ICK!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

That stinks about your computer!!!

I love the mercury glass ornaments. They're gorgeous! I also like the idea to use Scrabble tiles to spell out messages. So cute!

Erin said...

I have the same Restoration Hardware mercury glass ornaments! I bought them several years ago after Christmas. I LOVE them. Your house looks so happy & homey for Christmas. I hope you're having a great time with family & friends today. Merry Christmas!
Erin

Pam @ bibbidi-bobbidi-beautiful said...

Hi Holly! Thanks for hosting, I was no where near ready for the earlier house tour parties!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

The house looks beautiful, Holly!!! I had to smile at your thoughts on Christmas cards. I was wondering the same thing!! Stamps are expensive, and I wondered if maybe some people are really having to pinch pennies this year. Hope you had a great Christmas!