I consider myself to be a pretty savvy shopper. I’m not an extreme couponer and I don’t always buy the cheapest brand, but there are very few things that I am brand-loyal to. The majority of my shopping is done at Aldi, and most of the rest at Walmart. I virtually always buy generic or off-brand items unless I’ve already tried it and didn’t care for it.
I re-learned a lesson this weekend, though. For some time I have been buying the White Cloud brand of toilet tissue at Walmart, 12 double rolls for $5.69. On this shopping trip I noticed that the 6-pack of double rolls of the exact same tp is only $2 (I even check sheet #/size). I don’t know if they haven’t had the 6 roll pkg until now, or if I’ve just never looked. That makes the 12 roll pkg 47¢/roll and the 6 roll pkg only 33¢/roll.
I always compare prices on occasional purchases, but you can bet I’m going to be giving a second look to unit price on my regular items from now on!
Got any favorite products, gadgets, or other tips? Link them up here!
- share a tip that makes your life easier
- you must link back to me in your post
- link to your specific party post, and not your general home page
- please be polite and visit several other participants and leave a nice comment
- I reserve the right to delete entries that don’t link back to me or do not fit the party theme
Linky will close at 11:59 pm central Tuesday.