Monday, February 16, 2009

Guest Poster...My Husband!

Handsome has started a blog! He insists that he has no writing skillz, and in fact, he often has me proofread his work. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing what his mind comes up with on a regular basis. In real life he makes me laugh every day, so it should be good for a daily dose of levity.

He's also a pretty smart guy, so there could be some heftier content as well. I'm not about to become a political blog, but I enjoyed his post today and thought it would make a good guest post in light of today's designated holiday.

So, may I introduce today's guest poster, my husband, Craig (his cover is blown!) and his new blog You Could Call This a Blog.


Happy Presidents Day, George W. Bush.

I know everybody is on the Obama bandwagon now. But on this presidents day I want to thank President Bush for his service.

Mr. Bush, thank you for...
  1. Putting our country before your own popularity.
  2. Caring about unborn babies.
  3. Being faithful to your wife.
  4. Not lying under oath.
  5. Recognising faith-based groups as the answer to social problems, not government.
  6. Cutting taxes after 9/11.
  7. Taking down Saddam Hussein.
  8. Protecting the homeland since 9/11.

Today C-Span ranked Mr. Bush as one of the 10 worst presidents in history. No bias there.

Reagan just made it into the top 10. I guess spreading freedom to the world, ending the cold war and protecting our country from radical Islam are little things.

So as we celebrate Presidents day I pray for our current president. He is in office for a reason. Romans 13:1 says "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."

I'm thankful that God is in control and I am not.

Happy Presidents Day.




3 comments:

Raise Them Up said...

I'm thankful, too. Great post.

Wendy said...

Hooray Mr. Homebody! It's a good post! Keep up the good work!

Mrs. Dunbar said...

I'm right there with you! Thanks for posting this.