I have decided to start a monthly “Best Tips” post where I will highlight several of my favorite reader tips. Every entry is eligible!
What do you do with the heels of a loaf of bread? I’m sure it’s more a mental block than anything, but I don’t like them. I used to just throw them away. Now I use them to make breadcrumbs.
We have a personal-sized blender that we got for making smoothies, and it does a great job of making breadcrumbs. I just tear up the piece of bread, toss it in, and blend away (I’m sure a regular blender would work fine, too). I keep my breadcrumbs in a jar in the freezer, ready when I need them.
This is a good solution for me, because it’s free and healthful. Most store-bought breadcrumbs are white bread and contain lots of unnecessary ingredients like partially hydrogenated oils. I buy whole wheat bread with the fewest questionable ingredients possible, so I know what’s in the breadcrumbs too. It’s a little thing, but so easy, so why not?
Your turn to link up! The post can be old or new (just please add my link if it’s an old one).
- share a tip that makes your life easier
- you must link back to me in your post
- link to your specific party post, and not your general home page
- please be polite and visit several other participants and leave a nice comment
- I will delete entries that don’t link back to me or do not fit the party theme
Just discovered that The Stories of A2Z also has a Tuesday party!