Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Iced Coffee Recipe

My daily addiction to Maxwell House International Café French Vanilla Latte has been mentioned on this blog more than once.  I still drink it virtually every day, but recently in a pinch I came up with a pretty darn good substitute.  From time to time, I even choose it over the other.

IMG_8014

 

The key ingredient is La Crème French Vanilla Real Dairy Creamer.  I was excited when they came out with this not too long ago, as until then, our only choices have been flavored non-dairy creamers.  My sister says she’s been able to get flavored dairy creamer in Canada for some time, and was always surprised when she visited that it wasn’t available here. 

When I make this for myself, I don’t actually measure, but I’ll give you approximations so you have a starting point.  Start with about 2 tablespoons of La Crème and add enough milk to make a cup.  Add a teaspoon of instant coffee (I use decaf, which is an advantage over the Maxwell House mix).  Mix until the coffee is dissolved.  Add ice, and top with whipped cream and sprinkles.

Enjoy!  Trust me, you’ll be coming back for more.

IMG_8016

4 comments:

momof3girls said...

oh I had not seen the dairy creamer - I will have to look for this! The recipe sounds so yummy-thanks!

furniture space planning said...

Okay, this looks amazing and I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

Thanks for tip! I don't know what it is, but coffee never tastes as good at home. The stores and restaurants are always better. I;m always convinced I can find that secret to make it better at home and maybe this is it!

FrouFrouBritches said...

Boy am I glad I read this! I was dying for ice coffee the other day and I poured coffee and had to wait forever for it to cool in the fridge so I could ice it without making it watery. I never even thought about instant coffee. DUH! I've got to go put that on my grocery list! Thanks Holly!