Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Design Personality Quiz

Have you been watching the Nate Berkus Show?  I DVR it, and when I have a few minutes I sit down and watch an episode or two.  The other day he had a design personality quiz that was kind of fun (I think it was actually a rerun, but it was new to me).

IF YOU WERE A LIPSTICK, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?

A. CORAL
B. SPARKLY GLOSS
C. HOT PINK
D. CLASSIC RED
YOU’RE ABOUT TO SPLURGE ON A NEW PAIR OF SHOES. WHAT DO YOU BUY?
A. MARY JANES
B. SKY-HIGH STILETTOS
C. FLIP FLOPS
D. A NEW PAIR OF LOAFERS 
YOU JUST GOT YOUR FAVORITE FLOWERS FROM A SECRET ADMIRER! YOU GOT:
A. DAISIES
B. A GORGEOUS ORCHID
C. TROPICAL FLOWER
D. RED ROSES
YOU’RE AT YOUR FAVORITE HOME DÉCOR STORE – WHAT CATCHES YOUR EYE FIRST?
A. A ROCKING CHAIR
B. A COLORFUL, TRENDY VASE
C. A BEAUTIFUL WOVEN BASKET
D. A LUXURIOUS THROW
IF SOMEONE GAVE YOU AN ALL-EXPENSE PAID VACATION, WHERE YOU WOULD GO?
A. EIFFEL TOWER
B. EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
C. TAJ MAHAL
D. UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

IF YOU ANSWERED ALL"A's":  VINTAGE PERSONALITY
You like things one of a kind, you’re a garage sale shopper, a thrift sale shopper. you like things to have some age, a patina. If you know you’re a vintage personality, you can shop in places with items that have an aged look or have been assembled over time. You don’t go to the new modern stores and waste your time buying items that you know you’re not going to love.
 IF YOU ANSWERED ALL “B’s”:  MODERN PERSONALITY
You like a clean look, with clean lines, and space to breathe within your home. Every piece you own needs to be special, because you don’t have a lot. Simple, clean lines, special pieces. You save your money and you don’t make impulse purchases. You create a beautiful modern environment.
 IF YOU ANSWERED ALL “C’s”:  GLOBAL PERSONALITY
You like things that have edge. When you go on vacation you’re digging though the local markets. There are pieces that are hand-crafted, you love woven tapestries and animal prints.
 IF YOU ANSWERED ALL “D’s”:  AMERICAN CLASSIC PERSONALITY
Well-tailored pieces and somewhat clean lines. You can feel a sense of history there, there’s something very tradition about it and it could benefit from an infusion of personality.

I answered D (classic red), D (loafers), A (daisies), D (luxurious throw), A (Eiffel tower).  That means that I'm mainly American Classic, with a good bit of vintage mixed in.  That's actually pretty accurate, I'd say.  I tend to go for classic, neutral main pieces with vintage accents.
What's your design personality according to Nate?

8 comments:

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I got mostly d's - would anyone not choose luxurious throw?! That's my idea of heaven!

Sarahx

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I picked A's and D's too! I saw that episode and thought it was really fun! I've been bad about catching up with stuff I've DVR'd during the daytime. I do love Nate's show. :)

Unknown said...

I'm a D, as well. I answered classic red, loafers, roses, basket, and Eiffel Tower.

hawkeyejlp said...

Apparently I am undecided, with two As, two Cs and one D. I guess that makes me anything but modern!

Pam said...

I had 3 A's and 2 D's, which seems very accurate to me. Such fun!

Richella Parham said...

Mostly A's and D's for me, as well, and that's probably pretty accurate when it comes to design. But then again, with most of the questions, I kept thinking "isn't there another choice?" So maybe I'm hopeless! :)

Nicole said...

I got mostly B's which is right. I love clean lines - geometric patterns. Very impressive!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I got pretty evenly matched for vintage and modern! That sounds like an oxymoron, but that's actually just about right. :)