Monday, January 3, 2011




Happy New Year, friends!  The Christmas decorations are all packed away, the family room is back to it's winter furniture arrangement now that the tree is gone, and the year is fresh!  Did you know that today is Festival of Sleep Day?  That's my kind of festival; maybe I'll celebrate by taking a nap!

Here are a few things that will be going on here at the blog this month...

Thursday, January 27 will be the next Knock-Off Party.  Recreate something from Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, or Ballard Designs and share it with us.  The rules:

  • your knock-off entry must be made by you
  • it must inspired by Pottery Barn, Ballard Designs, or Restoration Hardware
  • you must include a picture of the original item from the catalog so we can compare (scan in it if it's an old catalog)
  • it must be a specific comparable item, and not just a “this kind of has the PB look to it”

This party is a lot of fun, so start planning your project now!

Next Monday I plan to start up Monday's Money-Saving Tips again.  This is a weekly linky party for you to share ways that help you (and others) save money.  Really the only limitation is that it should be something that others could use as well.  It could be a homemade cleaning supply, a frugal recipe,  a huge sale at a national chain that others could benefit from...the possibilities are endless.

I started this party in November, and so far participation hasn't been great.  I'd really like to get it going; can you give me some help with this?  Is Monday a bad day?  Please leave a comment and answer my informal poll.

  1.   Is this a party you would participate in from time to time?
  2.  What day would be best for you to participate in this party?
Thanks!




4 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

So jealous that your family room is back to normal already! ;) Mine still looks like a band of elves dumped Santa's toy workshop on the floor. ;)

I don't really have too many money saving tips, but if I did, Monday would be a fine day to link up. My "Weekend Bloggy Reading" parties have had awful turnout too, which is why I took the last 2 or 3 weeks of Dec. off. It wasn't worth all the "marketing" and posting for the 15 or so links I would get. I have no idea how some bloggers are able to start parties and get them to take off. :s

Mrs Mary Joy Pershing said...

Hi, Holly.

Sounds like you are getting off to a good start for the year! :D

Tuesdays I am doing healthy cooking encouragement...and my recipes are all made on a tight budget. My Mondays will occasionally match work with your party but mainly my Tuesdays...sorry about that. I do my healthy frugal recipes on Tuesdays because there are LOTS of recipe/cooking parties on Tuesdays that I hook up with.

Don't know if that helps or not...sorry I can't do more!

Blessings!

Mary Joy

FrouFrouBritches said...

Festival of sleep day? That sounds like my kind of holiday!!

PB Knock-off? Okay. Need to work on that!

As far as the money saving tips on Monday, I just am always so scattered on Mondays that I forget. Also, I fee like I don't have a huge amount to offer, ya know? I mean, I do the usual clip coupons and look for sales, but nothing out of the ordinary. I'll try and think of something to link up. I do usually check it out though.

Happy New Year!!

Melinda said...

I think my school district needs to know about this day and have us return to school tomorrow
instead of today.

Happy New Year!

Melinda