Happy New Year, friends! The Christmas decorations are all packed away, the family room is back to it's winter furniture arrangement now that the tree is gone, and the year is fresh! Did you know that today is Festival of Sleep Day? That's my kind of festival; maybe I'll celebrate by taking a nap!
Here are a few things that will be going on here at the blog this month...
Thursday, January 27 will be the next Knock-Off Party. Recreate something from Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, or Ballard Designs and share it with us. The rules:
- your knock-off entry must be made by you
- it must inspired by Pottery Barn, Ballard Designs, or Restoration Hardware
- you must include a picture of the original item from the catalog so we can compare (scan in it if it's an old catalog)
- it must be a specific comparable item, and not just a “this kind of has the PB look to it”
This party is a lot of fun, so start planning your project now!
Next Monday I plan to start up Monday's Money-Saving Tips again. This is a weekly linky party for you to share ways that help you (and others) save money. Really the only limitation is that it should be something that others could use as well. It could be a homemade cleaning supply, a frugal recipe, a huge sale at a national chain that others could benefit from...the possibilities are endless.
I started this party in November, and so far participation hasn't been great. I'd really like to get it going; can you give me some help with this? Is Monday a bad day? Please leave a comment and answer my informal poll.
- Is this a party you would participate in from time to time?
- What day would be best for you to participate in this party?