I've been thinking this week about making some goals for the year. Typically I'm in the "failing to plan" camp, which, as you know, is the same as planning to fail. I've got a lot of ideas and "shoulds" cluttering up my brain, but very few of them get done. This year I decided it was time to break the cycle and make a list of things I'd like to accomplish. Hopefully having them written down will give me some focus.
My non-exhaustive list of things to do around the house:
- make master bedroom headboard out of old door, kind of like this from Martha Stewart (but no yellow insets)
- do board and batten, or possibly some other type of trim treatment, in living room, like this from The Brown Family
- stain kitchen island top a darker color
- save enough $ for new living room furniture, because this isn't cool
- give these lamps (there are two) a makeover
(The rest are going to have to go without photos because of my dumbputer problems; I'm sorry to keep whining about it, but I'm not a happy computer camper right now.)
- organize kitchen cabinets
- organize mudroom and make cushion for the bench
- paint Pinkerbelle's room
- paint corner cupboard
- paint master bathroom
- paint hall bathroom
- paint boys' rooms
I could go on, but if these get done, or even if some of them get done, I'll be happy. I was planning to do this post before I knew about Nester's party, but since she's having one, I might as well join!