Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Garage Sale Goodies

Last night at 7:00 p.m., I came down with a cold. Seriously, there was an actual moment when it hit me that there was a funny tickle in my nose. By 8:00 I was stuffy and drippy. So this morning I was out making a craigslist purchase, and stopped by Target to get some tissues and some Airborne. I also stopped by Quiktrip for a caramel macchiato, something I never, never do, but it sounded good on this coolish day (and cheaper than Starbucks). By now, my head was pounding, but I wanted to stop by the farm stand down the road from our subdivision for apples--got some gourds, too.

At this point, I just really want to get home and take a Tylenol, but as I turned into the subdivision, there was a sign for a garage sale a couple streets over from us. I almost didn't do it. I'm technically on a budgetary freeze until payday, anyway (sorry, honey). But I decided to just take a look.

Here's what I got! Pretty good for one sale.

Two big urns, probably 24" high, $5 for the pair. I was most excited about these. Urns are all over blogland, and they look so nice, but they aren't cheap. In fact, there was one at Target this morning and it was $25, which was half off. It was metal and these are plastic, but I think they look pretty good.

I also got the white candlestick lamp, new with tags, $1.50, the wooden candlestick (definitely a spray paint candidate) and candle $0.50, and the black metal curtain rod, $1. As a matter of fact, I forgot to mention that at Target I got 2 sets of drapery ring clips on clearance for $1.48 each, which will work perfectly with the curtain rod. So, right about $10 total, not too bad!

And that craigslist purchase? Here's a sneak peek. I'm going to need Handsome to help me carry out my plans for this sweetie.


2 comments:

Shannon said...

You got some amazing finds!!! Who in their right mind would get rid of those urns?! :)

Jennifer said...

Hi Holly, THANKS for visiting my blog today! Whatta garage sale find! Those urns I mean! You know, no one will know they are not metal, I never see people checking that kinda thing!! Good for you! Have a great day!