Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thrifty Finds

I guess 'thrifty' is a relative term, isn't it? Even something that was purchased at a thrift store isn't thrifty if the person doing the purchasing is using grocery money. Hypothetically speaking, of course. I'm not saying that's me or anything.

Anyhoo, last week I did quite a bit of thrifting, including one whole day with a good friend, which included lunch and lots of gabbing. We also discovered two resale stores that are within a couple miles of me that I had no idea existed! One in particular was muy fabuloso and had good prices, better than Goodwill's prices around here. Plus they were having a clearance and everything was 1/2 off! Score! The other one had tons of stuff, but was a bit pricey for resale, IMO.

Here is a sampling of some of my finds from various sources, including Goodwill and garage sales.

This was 1/2 off, so I paid $1.05...not sure what's with the loose change, but most of their items seemed to be priced that way. Isn't it charming? Is it too late for me to join P.O.O.P.I.E. ?

Three frames: the white one and the small one were $1 each, the middle one was $3 (a little too much if you ask me, but that's Goodwill for ya). I have a plan for these.


Three wooden candlesticks, $0.50 each. You can't have too many candlesticks, and a group of three of anything, decoratively speaking, is good.

Now, look at these honeys! Two wooden shutters, about 6ft tall, already painted a very chic color. I got the pair for $1 at a garage sale! At this point, I really don't know what I'm going to do with them, but aren't they suh-WEET?!

Tomorrow I'll show what I've been working on with some of these.

No comments: