Thursday, February 17, 2011

Blog Happenings

  • Tomorrow, I am excited to be swapping guest posts with Shannon at The House Creative!  Be sure to read Shannon’s post here, and visit me there and check out her blog.

 

Photobucket

 

 

home

 

  • My next Knock-Off Party is coming up on Thursday, February 24 (that’s one week from today!).  You can do something new, or link up an older post.  We’ve all done it!  Copied PB, Ballard, or Restoration Hardware, that is.  Here’s your chance to show it off!

I have compiled the party rules into one complete post; find it here.

 

 

I’d really like some help with this one!

  • I’d love to get some feedback on my Monday’s Tips and Tricks party (tell me the truth; I can handle it!).  There aren’t a lot of restrictions on what you can post, so I thought it would be an easy one to in which to participate.  But it just doesn’t seem to be happening.  Do I need to change something?  Is Monday a bad day?  Is it just a boring premise?  Is there something that would make it easier for you to participate?  I’ll give it a little while longer, but I may have to pull the plug if it doesn’t pick up the pace soon.

 

  • I don’t normally talk about this in a blog post, but I’m just going to throw in a little plug for my advertising spots.  My rates are reasonable, and there are lots of options.  Visit my advertising page for info and stats.  And if you don’t see an option you’re interested in, I’m willing to talk about other ideas!

 

  • One more thing:  will you please pray for my blog friend Mary Joy, her husband, and their children?  Mary Joy is a beautiful woman of God, always there to encourage everyone else.  This weekend her husband had a seizure and was diagnosed with a type of epilepsy, and they are scared and apprehensive about what this means for their family.  They need our encouragement now.  Visit her blog and read Sunday’s post for more information.

9 comments:

Mrs Mary Joy Pershing said...

Thank you so much Holly! We sure appreciate your prayers and encouragement!

FrouFrouBritches said...

Running over to see your post. I picked you for a blog award. See my post for today if you get a chance. Gotta get my PB K-O thinking cap on for the party.

FrouFrouBritches said...

Oh, you're posting TOMORROW! DUH! OOPS!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hey, girl! Can't wait to read your guest post tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by and wish my blog a Happy Birthday, haha. :)

Karen At Home Blog said...

Hi Holly! I will be sure to check you out over at Shannon's blog tomorrow!!!

I am a recently new follower and would love to link up to your Monday party!!!

Karen

Richella Parham said...

I've been out of town this week and have gotten behind on reading, so I appreciate this Blog Happenings post!

I look forward to your Knock-Off party. I wish I had something to contribute this time. . . I wonder if I've done anything lately that would be post-worthy? Hmmm.

As for your Tips and Tricks linky, I think it's a great idea, yet I've never linked up, I don't think. I'm not sure why. Maybe Monday is a tough day. As a matter of fact, I haven't done a good job of linking up to anything lately. I should think about this. If I think of any insights about your party, I'll let you know. But, honestly, I'm a bit of a loser in the linky party arena. I've only ever hosted ONE!

Emily said...

Hi!

I'm a new follower from The House Creative.

Your blog is beautiful and I'm inspired by so many of your wonderful idea...now, if only I could draw a straight line with a ruler!

I blog too, www.naptimeismytime.com, stop by if you have a chance!

Best,
Emily

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Just want to encourage others to advertise on your blog. I have gotten lots of click throughs from my sidebar ad. Holly has great readers!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hi lovely Holly,

Of course I'll pray for your fried - how worrying for them both. And how lovely of you to think of putting it up here.

Sarahx