Do you ever have issues with your brown sugar petrifying? I keep mine in plastic Rubbermaid canister, and use it fairly frequently, but still sometimes ended up with a hard brick of sugar.
This summer when my sisters were here, one of them stuck a slice of bread into the canister, and it revived the hardened mess. Now I keep a slice of bread in the canister from the get-go, and it stays nice a soft and doesn’t ever get to the point of fossilization.
I had heard of this trick before, but had never tried it out. So I figure that there may be some of you who either hadn’t heard of it, or had never bothered to try it, like me. I’m here to tell you that it works!
Your turn…please share your tips with us!
- share a tip that makes your life easier
- you must link back to me in your post
- link to your specific party post, and not your general home page
- please be polite and visit several other participants and leave a nice comment
- I will delete entries that don’t link back to me or do not fit the party theme
(Linky Tools is switching to a subscription service today, and is being bombarded with people trying to export their lists before they disappear, so if the linky isn’t working, leave your link in the comments. Thanks.)