Friday, February 11, 2011

Old Time Pottery Tour

Ever been to Old Time Pottery?  It’s a huge, warehouse-sized store full of all kinds of home decor, accent furniture, kitchen wares, linens, lamps…you name it, they’ve probably got it, and the price is probably right.

A couple of weeks ago, I snapped a few photos for you.  To give you an idea of the size of this place, there’s still about 1/4 of the length of this aisle behind me as I took this photo.

img_7516

 

The floral department is one small (relatively speaking) corner of the store. 

 

img_7529

They usually have a huge table piled with remnants of home decor fabric.  It’s sold by the piece (they don’t cut it for you), but at $4.96/yd, it’s a bargain.  This week, it was on sale for $3.96 a yard, and I’ve seen it even lower.

 

img_7520

I liked this fabric a lot. The pattern was very large; this photo shows about 1/2 yard.  But, I didn’t get it.  Why, I don’t know.  Kicking myself!

img_7519

 

Cotton sheet sets, 300-450 thread count, $19.96 any size.  I have a sheet set from OTP, and I like it very well.

img_7521 

These Pottery Barn-esque nightstands were $49.96 and came in white, red, black and green

                      img_7523 img_7526

 

There have all kinds of dishes and glassware, including glass domes, for your cloche or mini-cake plate projects.

img_7527

If you are having trouble finding a cheese dome at the thrift store, you can get one here for just $3.99, not that much more than you would pay second-hand.  The slightly larger one is just $2.99, for some reason. 

img_7528

Old Time Pottery has 29 stores in 10 states.  If you’re ever near one, it’s a fun place to shop for your home! 

(Nope, I am not being compensated for this post.)

12 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

It looks like a great place to shop!! I didn't see one in Virginia, but there's one in NC, about 30 minutes from where I went to college and maybe an hour and a half from my grandma's house. :)

Unknown said...

I've never been, but it looks really similar to Garden Ridge.

Rustown Mom said...

This place reminds me of Garden Ridge - I haven't been there in ages. You must allow plenty of time to shop and wear your comfy sneakers!

Holly said...

It's been a long time since I was at a Garden Ridge, but if memory serves, I would say OTP is similar but in a slightly "lower class" way. I mean that in a good way :) It's more warehouse-y, and I'd say prices tend to be lower.

Karen At Home Blog said...

We have a Old Time Pottery here in Cleveland. It's an amazing store and you have got me thinking that I really need to take a trip there some time soon. Have a great weekend!

Karen

Huchette Crew said...

oh how I LOVE Old Time Pottery! My fav. place to get dishes ans such.

Some Like It South! said...

I love Old Time Pottery...had one right up the street when I lived in Orlando...now in Baton Rouge LA, going to look for one here!!

Melinda said...

This is a store that I can get into A LOT of trouble in.
It's great!

Nice to know about the domes.

Melinda

April Westerhold said...

LOVE Old Tyme Pottery. HATE that they closed the one out by us.

Unknown said...

Ugh we don't have a OTP here but I have heard all about it and want to go so bad!

I am glad I ran across your blog, its very cute. I am officially a new follower :)

Julie @ Creating This Life said...

I have an OTP about about 30 minutes away from me. I haven't been in a while and your post inspired me to make another visit!

Jenny said...

Is this the one in North County? We were headed to Illinois the other day and I saw it off of 270. There used to be that one out past Lake St. Louis, but it's closed I think.

I haven't been to a OTP for years!