Sunday, February 20, 2011

Monday’s Tips and Tricks

{Knock-Off Party this Thursday!  Details here.}
 
 

The credit for today’s tip goes to my mom.  She was extremely frugal and resourceful.  I guess that’s where I got it from, though I’m not quite in her league.

So, are you ever annoyed by small appliance cords hanging down from the shelf, or getting all tangled in the drawer?  My mom solved that issue with a toilet paper tube.  To make a cord wrap, all you need is the cardboard tube and some contact paper. 

IMG_7644

I only had white contact paper on hand, but of course you could use one with a cute pattern.   Probably some of you would be able to figure out a way to use scrapbook paper, but I really think the contact paper is a better choice, because it’s more flexible, it’s already adhesive, and it’s moisture resistant.

Anyway, cut a piece of contact paper about an inch wider than the tp tube, and wrap it around the tube with about 1/2 inch hanging over on either end.  Then snip the overhang several times around, just to the edge of the cardboard.  Fold those pieces over to the inside of the tube and stick them down.

IMG_7646

 

Now just fold the cord up and slip the tube over it.  Easy peasy, and neat and tidy! 

IMG_7651

 

Okay, time to link up!  Any kind of tip or trick is welcome…stain removal, a good recipe, how to sneak veggies into your child’s menu, how to save money on (?), you name it.

  • share a tip that makes your life easier
  • you must link back to me in your post
  • link to your specific party post, and not your general home page
  • please be polite and visit several other participants and leave a nice comment
  • I will delete entries that don’t link back to me or do not fit the party theme

2 comments:

Paula@SweetPea said...

Great tip! I have two grocery bags of tp tubes in my attic that I've saved for school projects. I'll have to steal a few to use for cords.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Now that is a good tip!! I can't tell you how many bunched up, tangled up cords we have around here. Thanks for sharing, Holly. :)