Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine’s Wreath and the Chocolate Winner

My Christmas wreath has been on the front door since I put it up in December.  It wasn’t so extremely Christmas-y that I felt compelled to take it down right away.

IMG_7143

But with Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, I decided to make a change.  Red berries worked fine with the theme, so I just popped the silver ornaments off and started from there.

I used some heart picks from Dollar Tree, and ribbon and a large glittery heart card from Target’s Dollar Spot.

IMG_7608

IMG_7610

 

I shortened the picks down to a couple inches, and just stuck them in groups around the wreath.  Then I punched holes in the card and hung it in the middle with some of the ribbon.

IMG_7609

IMG_7611

After about $3 and 15 minutes, here it is hanging on the front door again.

IMG_7612

I received my chocolates from Heart & Soul Candies last night, just in time to try them out before I announce the winner.  As expected, they were very yummy!

IMG_7623

Aaaanndd….the winner is #5, Amanda of Serenity Now!  Congrats!  (Thirty-two was the total number of entries including the participants of Monday’s linky party.)

Fullscreen capture 272011 104142 PM

7 comments:

Paula@SweetPea said...

Your 15 min. of work created a great V-Day wreath for your door.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love your *new* wreath, Holly. I need to find something like that to transition between holidays. The red hearts are so cute.

Hurray for winning!! :) I'm so excited, and I'm not even kidding. I get excited about chocolate. Is that lame?

Melissa said...

Love the new look of your wreath! And congratulations to Amanda for winning the chocolate! :)

FrouFrouBritches said...

Lovin' your updated wreath Holly! That is too cute! Love it!

Congrats to Amanda! WOO HOO!

Richella Parham said...

Hooray for Amanda! And what good timing!

Your wreath looks so cute, Holly! A super way to re-use your Christmas wreath. Just right for Valentine's Day!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I kpet a wreath up for three years once! It was the first one I ever made and I was just so proud of myself!

I love your new Valentine's one. Gorgeous!

Sarahx

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

That's so cute! I cannot find my Valentine's decorations. Maybe I should just make some new ones...