Friday, February 18, 2011

Guest Blogger: Shannon from The House Creative

Hello to all of you wonderful Homebody Readers! I am thrilled to be a guest here today. My name is Shannon, I blog over at the House Creative.
 
I am a crafty, creative, DIY'er who loves to thrift and create new things. I am also your typical stay at home mom trying to survive the day to day with a 7 year old girl, and a 3 year old boy.
I am neurotic, obsessive, and in love with beautiful things. :-)
 
Here is a taste of what you will find on my site.
I get a thrill out of Holly's Knock off party, because I LOVE making a PB knock off.
I made this Knock Off Nest pillow, inspired by Pottery Barn.
 
.
 
I have a lot of fun giving an old piece of furniture a new look. I got both of these tables for FREE from Craigslist, and I gave them a little face-lift.
 
 
Hard to believe these were free right? Read more about it, and see more pictures here.
 
I have fun building furniture too.
My husband and I built this window seat.
 
 
Then we built a bed for our daughter.
 
 
Every Monday at The House Creative is a Meet-up Monday Party. Link your blog, and meet new bloggers.
 
I am in the process of a complete overhaul of my daughters room, and  I have another fabulous piece furniture I got for FREE off CL that I am renovating.  Both of these projects will be finished this month. I hope you will pay me a visit and see what’s to come.
Thanks for letting me crash your site today Holly. :-)
 

 

Thanks for swapping with me today, Shannon! 

Head on over to The House Creative and see more of Shannon’s awesome projects there!

4 comments:

The House Creative said...

You are welcome. Thank YOU as well! :-) Hope we stay bloggy friends. :-)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Shannon! Love that neat window seat. :)

FrouFrouBritches said...

I am so totally jealous of you CL finds. I never find anything good on CL! The bed and window seat are fabulous! Wish I could build something!

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

I'm jealous, too! I never find cool freebies on Craigslist.